Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Victory Day Thirty-Six: All Eyes Will See

The Lord has demonstrated his holy power before the eyes of all the nations.
All the ends of the earth will see the victory of our God.
Isa. 52:10, NLT
 


My friend reminded me that sometimes it’s a victory just to get out of bed and face the day. Today has been one of those days for me. It may not seem like a triumphant victory to anyone else that I spent time in the Word, exercised at the Y, and dissolved into tears in the arms of a friend. Yet, all three were victories over my inclination to remain alone in my pain, too proud to admit I was distraught with worry. The Lord provided me a friend and prayer warrior who has walked this road before me and she was a great comfort.

I came away with a firmer grip on the truth. Even when I cannot see how God is working - even if my worst fears should come to pass - God is good and merciful and present in the situation, even though I cannot be there for the one I love so dearly.

Maybe that’s the point. Maybe God demonstrates His power before all the nations not just in spectacular and miraculous events, but also through the individual lives of His servants. The fact that we do get up every morning and choose to trust God, even when our emotions run rampant and we feel unproductive and weak. Each step we take is a victory over the lies and discouragement of the enemy.

If you pile up all those little victories happening in the lives of millions of believers all over the world, it adds up to quite a demonstration of God’s mighty power. Through us all the nations will see the victory of our God. Our tenacious faith demonstrates His holy power.


No comments:

Post a Comment