Friday, November 29, 2013

Victory Day Forty-Nine: Rider on a White Horse


If you live in the United States, or are from the US, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for in Christ Jesus our Lord! Our family gathered round the table and our sharing time could have gone on for much longer, if there hadn't been the promise of pie afterward. Somehow, that sped it up just a little.

Kelly and I will be celebrating once again with our kids tomorrow. So we are doubly blessed.

We're getting down to the last two days of the Victory series. I hope it has been a blessing to you. While it has been a challenge for me to post as often as I wanted to, it was amazing how the scripture I had planned for that day always touched my heart all over again. Next week I will begin posting a few Advent devotions from a book my pastor asked me to put together for our church family. It was such a fun project and I can't wait to share it with you too!

*************
Years ago, I was going through one of the worst times in my life when I read the following verse from Revelation. It came alive like never before.

I looked up and saw a white horse standing there.
Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed on his head.
He rode out to win many battles and gain the victory.
Rev. 6:2, NLT

Suddenly I saw my Savior, our strong and mighty conqueror, riding out to the last earthly battle. But also, I saw Jesus in heaven, as my hero against all fear and worry in this life. It gave me comfort like never before. This is what I wrote in my journal:

Oh my soul, do not give way to fear.
Trust in the One who loves you, who has saved you and keeps you.
Look into the eyes of your Lover and trust Him, my Beloved.
He will care for you; He will provide.
Do not fear, little one, or be intimidated by the enemy's attacks.
Satan is the loser and he already knows he has lost.
That is why he fights with such vengeance against the Almighty, and against you.
Lean back into the strong chest of the Rider who is faithful and true,
whose name is the Word of God,
the King of kings and Lord of lords.
He will carry you, protect you, and take you home when the battle is over.
Just rest now and trust.
Hang on to Him in all the striving until the final battle is won.
Beth Vice, October 11, 2005

I pray this vision encourages you to see Jesus as your conquering hero. He has already won the victory and is ever-present to be our strength and mighty warrior. Trust Him. Lean back on Him. Worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment