Friday, November 22, 2013

Victory Day Forty-Four: I Finally Get to Be in Charge!

In the middle of her presentation our speaker paused and sighed. “After all these years of being a Christian, I still struggle with giving God control.” It’s true with all of us. We know Jesus is Lord; we know God is perfect and capable and loving, and yet we can’t quite pry our fingers off the steering wheel of life.

That’s why it’s an amazing thing that one of the rewards for victory in this life is authority in heaven.

“…hold tightly to what you have until I come. To all who are victorious, who obey me to the very end, to them I will give authority over all the nations.”
Rev. 2:25-26, NLT

This was the Spirit of God's message to the church in Thyatira. Their biggest problem was over authority. A woman in the church claimed to be a prophetess, but was taking away from God’s authority and parceling it out to others gods. Some people were giving in to this false religion and blending the truth of Christianity with the so called “mysteries” of the pagan priests. This was a repeat of Queen Jezebel’s wicked rule years earlier. She had vied for control over Israel, and their allegiance to God, by introducing her own brand of worship.


The message for us is the same. God will not share us with any other god or worldly belief. Not even if that god is us, trying to take over the controls of our life. However, in an amazing turn of events, if we obey and give Him control in this life, He will bless us with authority over others in heaven. I’m not sure I understand all this, but it gives me something to ponder.

Our God and the wonders He has awaiting us in heaven are too wonderful to comprehend. So I think I’ll just keep following Him and learn as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment