Friday, October 31, 2014

One of the Cloud Series: A Muslim Convert Speaks Out, Part 2



This post is a continuation from yesterday. If you haven’t read it yet, I recommend you read it first. You don’t want to miss a single detail of this man's search for the truth, and finding Jesus Christ.

After 2 years, my father demanded I move to another state; he felt I had lots of Christian influence on me. Every time we talked, he knew I was changing. Because he was supporting me financially at that time, I had to listen to him. So he arranged a place for me to live with my brother who came to America after me.

I moved in with him next to a mosque. I was not happy about this move so I ignored the mosque and decided it was an opportunity for me to search for more answers. That same month I met my lovely future wife, who comes from a very strong Christian background. I knew deep inside this was no coincidence. God had a plan for me. We started meeting in Starbucks at least four times a week to talk about the Bible. She did her best to answer my questions, and connected me with pastors who answered questions I needed more help with. For the first time in my life I felt Christianity might be true.

I prayed to God constantly to show me more signs. One day as I sat on a university campus, a guy walked up to me and gave me a book called More Than A Carpenter. He asked if I was a Christian, and I said, “I don’t know. I’m in between Christianity and Islam; I’m still searching.”

He smiled big and said, “I’m so excited to meet you.” He gave me his number, email, and the book, and told me if I had any questions to let him know. I knew that day God answered prayers; this was my first sign. I really loved the book; it opened my eyes.

Not long after that my mother told me a conference was taking place in my area featuring Christian believers from Muslim backgrounds. The topic was - Unveiling the Mask of Islam. I thanked God for this opportunity and went.  I was shocked by the amount of flaws in the Quran. That and all the tasteless stories of what Mohammad did, which most people don’t know. They hide those facts, and teach what they want.

After that, my view of Islam went downhill, which encouraged me to search even more. Almost every day I did some research about Islam for about a month. I watched all the episodes of “Unveiling the Mask of Islam” on YouTube and started writing notes. I stopped going to the mosque and started going to Church regularly. One day I was watching a clip in my darkened room around midnight, when I saw one that convinced me completely that Jesus was the only way. It felt like a light bulb just turned on in my head.

I faced my head to the sky and started praying. As I prayed, I felt a huge burden like a mountain come off my shoulders. I rushed to my phone and started searching YouTube “How to become a Christian.” The next morning I got up early with huge excitement, and called my future wife. I said, “We need to meet at Starbucks right now!” There I told her what God had shown me. She was thrilled. I asked her to pray with me. Then we prayed together, and right there, I gave my life to the Lord in Starbucks.

Two years later I shared my testimony with my brother. Because I had researched a lot and knew the questions he might be asking, praise the Lord, it only took my brother two months to find the truth. During the time he was in search, he had a vision. The next day he called me and asked what he needed to do to become a Christian.

Since the time of my searching and salvation, my wife and I continue to be passionate about our relationship with the Lord. Our desire is to reach out to others, so many will learn the truth, just as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment