Friday, October 25, 2013

Day Twenty-Four: I Need to Hear Your Voice, Lord

Lift up your spear and javelin against those who pursue me.
Let me hear you say, “I will give you victory!”
Psa. 35:3, NLT
 
This prayer reveals the need of every heart to hear God’s reassuring voice. His own words in scripture tell us He will be with us. God will fight for us; He will rescue, save, and provide for us. Yet, when trouble comes, we still need to hear Him say it to us personally. We’re like a child walking down a dark hallway who needs to hear his parent’s voice to know he or she is there.  We are God’s children and He is willing to meet this need.


All through the Bible the words of God are in quotation marks, and the words of Jesus in red in some versions. This way we can know what God himself has spoken to us. And the Holy Spirit of God whispers in the heart and mind of those who love Him, “You are not alone.”

One of my favorite verses to reassure me of this is in the book of Isaiah: “Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, ‘This is the way you should go,” whether to the right or to the left’” (Isa. 30:21, italics mine, NLT). And as for victory, a verse that I have clung to recently regarding my children: “But the Lord says…I will fight those who fight you, and I will save your children’” Psa. 49:25).

I hope that encourages you too – God gives us His promise of victory and never failing presence, from His own lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment