Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day Sixteen: Get Ready, Get Set…Watch!

“But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!”
2 Chron. 20:17, NLT

I  remember helping my dad with a lot of projects growing up. I often did little more than hand him a tool now and then and get in his way. He did all the work and I got to say I contributed to the finished product. That is such a picture of the victories God wants to win in our lives. He’s the One with the power, but He likes to have us with Him and “help” in the battle.

Like my dad, our heavenly Father likes our company. He knows He’s the One doing all the work. He wants to show us how it’s done and train us to do likewise. Sometimes, He wants to display His amazing power while we watch appreciatively and applaud.

I did that the other day when I got word of a person’s miraculous conversion. God spoke directly to their heart and they responded with a, “Yes, Lord!” I had no part in this new life in the kingdom, but I sure danced with praise and our home reverberated with my shouts of joy. I couldn’t stop marveling at God’s victory over a once stubborn, rebellious heart.

Just like Uncle Grae delighted to show his niece the finer points of mattress boxing, our God wants us to watch Him defeat the enemy. God says: “Take your position.” Be where He tells you to  be. Don’t hide in the supply tent or rush into battle without Him. “Stand still.” This is a hard one. Don’t dance around in frenzied activity or dissolve with panic. “Watch; don’t be afraid or discouraged.” Dad is going to show you how it’s done. Stand by and watch the enemy run!

No comments:

Post a Comment