Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cruising the Mexican Caribbean: Cozumel – Stunning Beauty



Have you ever been somewhere so beautiful you hated to look away, even for a minute? I feel that way every time we hike the woodsy trails of Oregon - populated by trees, ferns, wildflowers, waterfalls, and streams. Or whenever we go to the nearby beach and stroll beside the ocean. In order to keep my footing, I have to look down occasionally, but for the most part, I just want to take it all in. That’s how I felt in Cozumel.

The lure of the blue water and rocky beach kept me spellbound the whole time we were there. The day was blissfully uneventful. We wore ourselves out shopping and found an amazing Mexican restaurant back in the catacomb of shops. Kelly and I enjoyed each other’s company while hunting for souvenirs, but the best part of the day was the breathtaking ocean view.  



I was dazzled by the splendor of the sea, dotted with boats; the warmth of the sun; and time to walk with my beloved. Yet how can that compare to the unsurpassed beauty of our God? The best nature has to offer pales in comparison to His radiance. The following verses remind us we don’t have to travel anywhere to gaze on Him. It doesn’t matter what the weather’s like. We can enter His presence anytime, anywhere, and stand in awe of our magnificent Lord.

Psalm 27:4 - One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him.

Psalm 29:2 - Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.

Psalm 50:2 - From Zion,* perfect in beauty, God shines forth.
*symbolic of the place where God lives

Psalm 71:8 - My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.

Psalm 96:6 - Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and glory are in his sanctuary.

Where do you see His beauty and majesty reflected today?

No comments:

Post a Comment